HARMONY JOEL SOLAR PV FACILITY, FREE STATE PROVINCE
Applicant: Freegold Harmony (Pty) Ltd
Freegold Harmony (Pty) Ltd (a subsidiary of Harmony Gold Mining Company Ltd) is looking to supplement its energy supply by implementing Photovoltaic (PV) generation, aiding their transition to a more sustainable and environmentally friendly energy mix.
The development of a solar photovoltaic (PV) facility with a generating capacity of up to 18MW is proposed ~20km north east of the town of Theunissen within the Masilonyana Local Municipality and within the Lejweleputswa District Municipality, Free State Province. The PV facility is located on Portion 0 of the Farm Leeuwbult 580 and is owned by the Mine. The solar PV development will be known as Harmony Joel Solar PV Facility
The infrastructure associated with the 30MW solar PV facility will include:
- PV modules and mounting structures.
- Inverters and transformers a SCADA room, and maintenance room.
- Cabling between the project components, to be laid underground where practical.
- Access roads, internal roads and fencing around the development area.
- Temporary and permanent laydown areas.
- Grid connection solution which will tie-in to Shafts 1 & 2 HJ Joel Mining via a 1.2km south west overhead line.
The Scoping Report is now available for review & comment. The 30-day review and comment period is from 24 August 2022 to 23 September 2022. The final day to submit written comment is 23 September 2022.
Nicolene Venter of Savannah Environmental
P.O. Box 148, Sunninghill, 2157
Tel: 011 656 3237 / Fax: 086 684 0547
Mobile: 060 978 8396 (including pls call me)
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click https://savannahsa.com/public-documents/energy-generation/harmony-joel-solar-pv/ to access the document.