HARMONY JOEL SOLAR PV FACILITY, THEUNISSEN, FREE STATE PROVINCE
Applicant: Freegold Harmony (Pty) Ltd
Activity: The development of a solar PV facility with a generating capacity of up to 18MW and associated infrastructure, including:
- PV modules and mounting structures
- Inverters and transformers a SCADA room, and maintenance room
- Cabling between the project components, to be laid underground where practical
- Access roads, internal roads and fencing around the development area.
- Temporary and permanent laydown areas and O&M buildings.
- Grid connection solution including an on-site facility substation and switching substation, to be connected via an overhead power line to the Shafts 1 & 2 HJ Joel Mining Substation (located ~830m south west of the development footprint).
Project Location: The PV facility is located on Portion 0 of the Farm Leeuwbult 580. The site is owned by Freegold Harmony (Pty) Ltd and 900m north east of the Harmony Joel operations, approximately ~20km north east of the town of Theunissen, Free State Province.
Scoping & Environmental Impact Assessment (S&EIA) Processes: In terms of Sections 24 & 24D of the National Environmental Management Act (No 107 of 1998), as read with Government Notice R324 – R327, as amended, a S&EIA process is required, and Savannah Environmental is undertaking the S&EIA and public participation process.
EIA Report available for Review & Comment: The EIA Report is available for review and comment for 30-days from 24 March 2023 to 26 April 2023.
To obtain further information and register on the project database and submit comments or queries, please refer to the contact information:
Nicolene Venter of Savannah Environmental
P.O. Box 148, Sunninghill, 2157
Tel: 011 656 3237 / Fax: 086 684 0547
Mobile: 060 978 8396 (including pls call me)
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please Register Interest to access the documents by using the form below (you will be redirected to immediate download access)