HARMONY ONE PLANT SOLAR PV FACILITY, FREE STATE PROVINCE
Applicant: Freegold Harmony (Pty) Ltd
Activity: The development of a solar PV facility with a generating capacity of up to 30MW and associated infrastructure, including:
- PV modules and mounting structures.
- Inverters and transformers a SCADA room, and maintenance room.
- Cabling between the project components, to be laid underground where practical.
- Access roads, internal roads and fencing around the development area.
- Temporary and permanent laydown areas.
- Grid connection infrastructure including an on-site facility substation and a switching substation to be connected to the existing Brandgold Substation via an overhead power line (located ~2km north of the site).
Project Location: The PV facility is located on the Remaining Extent of the Farm Marmageli 20 and Remaining Extent of the Farm Welkom 80. The site is owned by the Mine, and south of the Harmony One Gold Plant operations, ~14km north west of Virginia, Free State Province.
Scoping & Environmental Impact Assessment (S&EIA) Processes: In terms of Sections 24 & 24D of the National Environmental Management Act (No 107 of 1998), as read with Government Notice R324 – R327, as amended, a S&EIA process is required, and Savannah Environmental is undertaking the S&EIA and public participation process.
EIA Report available for Review & Comment: The EIA Report is available for review and comment and can be download from the Savannah Environmental website. The 30-day review and comment period of the EIA Report is from 11 November 2022 to 12 December 2022.
To obtain further information and register on the project database and submit comments or queries, please refer to the contact information:
Nicolene Venter of Savannah Environmental
P.O. Box 148, Sunninghill, 2157
Tel: 011 656 3237 / Fax: 086 684 0547
Mobile: 060 978 8396 (including pls call me)
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click firstname.lastname@example.org to access the document.
Contact Savannah Environmental
If you would like further details, please do not hesitate to contact any member of
our Environmental team at +27 (0)11 656 3237 / +27 (0)11 656 3256