HARMONY TARGET SOLAR PV FACILITY, ALLANRIDGE, FREE STATE PROVINCE
Applicant: Avgold (Pty) Ltd
Activity: The development of a solar PV facility with a generating capacity of up to 30MW and associated infrastructure, including:
- PV modules and mounting structures.
- Inverters and transformers a SCADA room, and maintenance room.
- Cabling between the project components, to be laid underground where practical.
- Access roads, internal roads and fencing around the development area.
- Temporary and permanent laydown areas and O&M buildings.
- Grid connection solution including an on-site facility substation, switching station, to be connected to the Avgold Substation via an overhead power line (located ~400m north east of the site).
Project Location: The PV facility is located on Portion 0 of the Farm Kromdraai 386 and Portion 0 of the Farm Aandenk 227. The site is owned by the Mine and 550m south of the Harmony Target operations, approximately ~14km south of the town of Allanridge, Free State Province.
Scoping & Environmental Impact Assessment (S&EIA) Processes: In terms of Sections 24 & 24D of the National Environmental Management Act (No 107 of 1998), as read with Government Notice R324 – R327, as amended, a S&EIA process is required, and Savannah Environmental is undertaking the S&EIA and public participation process.
EIA Report available for Review & Comment: The EIA Report is available for download, review, and comment on the Savannah Environmental website. The 30-day review and comment period of the EIA Report is from 16 January 2023 to 15 February 2023
To obtain further information and register on the project database and submit comments or queries, please refer to the contact information:
Nicolene Venter of Savannah Environmental
P.O. Box 148, Sunninghill, 2157
Tel: 011 656 3237 / Fax: 086 684 0547
Mobile: 060 978 8396 (including pls call me)
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click on the “Register Interest” button to obtain the Registration Code to access the project’s documents under the “View Download Page.”