HARMONY TARGET SOLAR PV FACILITY, FREE STATE PROVINCE
Applicant: Avgold (Pty) Ltd
Avgold (Pty) Ltd (a subsidiary of Harmony Gold Mining Company Ltd) is looking to supplement its energy supply by implementing Photovoltaic (PV) generation, aiding their transition to a more sustainable and environmentally friendly energy mix.
The development of a solar photovoltaic (PV) facility with a generating capacity of up to 30MW is proposed 550m south of the Harmony Target operations, approximately ~14km south of the town of Allanridge within the Matjhabeng Local Municipality and within the Lejweleputswa District Municipality, Free State Province. The PV facility is located on Portion 0 of the Farm Kromdraai 386 and Portion 0 of the Farm Aaandenk 227. The solar PV development will be known as Harmony Target Solar PV Facility.
The infrastructure associated with the 30MW solar PV facility will include:
- PV modules and mounting structures.
- Inverters and transformers a SCADA room, and maintenance room.
- Cabling between the project components, to be laid underground where practical.
- Access roads, internal roads and fencing around the development area.
- Temporary and permanent laydown areas.
- Grid connection solution which will tie-in to the Avgold Substation via a 2km easternly overhead power line.
The Scoping Report is now available for review & comment. The 30-day review and comment period is from 24 August 2022 to 23 September 2022. The final day to submit written comment is 23 September 2022.
Nicolene Venter of Savannah Environmental
P.O. Box 148, Sunninghill, 2157
Tel: 011 656 3237 / Fax: 086 684 0547
Mobile: 060 978 8396 (including pls call me)
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click firstname.lastname@example.org to access the document.