NOTIFICATION OF THE AVAILABILITY OF THE AMENDED ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME AND THE FINAL LAYOUT FOR REVIEW AND COMMENT
Komsberg Wind Farm (Pty) Ltd, an Independent Power Producer (IPP) obtained an Environmental Authorisation (EA) from the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) on 08 September 2016 (DFFE Ref. No.: 14/12/16/3/3/2/856) as amended, for the construction of the 275MW Komsberg East Wind Energy Facility on the Portion 1 of De Plaat 205, Portion 2 of Schalkwykskraal 204, Portion 0 of Vlakkloof 11, Portion 1 of Weldemoed 268, Portion 2 of Welemoed 268, Portion 2 of Taayboschkraal 12 which are located approximately 60km north of Laingsburg and 40km south of Sutherland in the Laingsburg Local Municipality, within the greater Central Karoo District Municipality, Western Cape Province. This project is referred to as the Komsberg West Wind Energy Facility.
The project will include the following infrastructure:
- A maximum of 45 wind turbines each up to 6.5 MW in capacity with a rotor diameter of up to 180m and a hub height of up to 150m;
- Foundations and hardstands (30m x 50m) associated with the wind turbines;
- Up to 8m wide internal access road to each turbine, the substation complex and the ancillary infrastructure, including underground cabling adjacent the roads. Road length would be up to approximately 40km in total;
- Medium voltage cabling between turbines and the substation, to be laid underground where practical;
- Overhead medium voltage cables between certain turbine strings or rows;
- A on-site substation complex to facilitate stepping up the voltage from medium to high voltage to enable the connection of the wind farm to the national grid;
- An approximately 55km high voltage power line (132kV) from the on-site substation to the national grid at the Eskom Komsberg Main Transmission Substation;
- A 30m x 50m operations and services workshop area/office building for control, maintenance and storage; and
- Temporary infrastructure including a site camp, lay down areas and a batching plant totalling 150m x100m in extent.
AVAILABILITY OF AMENDED ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME AND FINAL LAYOUT FOR REVIEW AND COMMENT
Savannah Environmental has prepared an amended Environmental Management Programme (EMPr) and a final layout as per the EA requirements mentioned above, on behalf of Komsberg Wind Farms (Pty) Ltd. These updated documents are available for review and comment from Tuesday, 02 august 2021 until Friday 02 September 2021. The due date for written comment is Thursday, 02 September 2021.
Nicolene Venter at Savannah Environmental
P.O. Box 148, Sunninghill, 2157
Tel: 011 656 3237 / Fax: 086 684 0547
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click email@example.com to access the document.