NOTICE OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT AND PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS KOTULO TSATSI ENERGY PV3 AND ASSOCIATED INFRASTRUCTURE, NORTHERN CAPE
Applicant: Kotulo Tsatsi Energy (Pty) Ltd
Proposed Activity: The development of a Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Facility of up to 480MW and associated infrastructure. Infrastructure associated the Solar PV Facility will include:
- Solar PV array comprising PV modules and mounting structures.
- Inverters and transformers.
- Cabling between the project components.
- On-site facility substation and power line to facilitate the connection between the Solar PV Facility and the Eskom electricity grid at Aries Substation.
- Battery Energy Storage System (BESS).
- Site offices and maintenance buildings, including workshop areas for maintenance and storage.
- Laydown areas and temporary man camp area.
- Access roads, internal distribution roads and fencing around the development area.
Project Location: Adjacent to the authorised Kotulo Tsatsi PV1 and PV2 Facilities and within an area previously authorised for CSP infrastructure, ~70km south-west of Kenhardt in the Hantam Local Municipality and the Namakwa District Municipality. The project is located on Portion 2 of Farm Styns Vley 280.
Application for Environmental Authorisation: In terms of Sections 24 and 24D of the National Environmental Management Act (No 107 of 1998), as read with Government Notice R324 – R327, as amended, a Scoping/EIA process is to be undertaken. An application is to be lodged with the DFFE, as the competent authority.
Scoping Report available for Review: The Scoping Report is available for download, review and comment on the Savannah Environmental website: www.savannahsa.com/public-documents/energy-generation/ The 30-day review and comment period for the Scoping Report is from 18 October 2022 until 17 November 2022. The final date to submit comments is 17 November 2022.
To obtain further information, register on the project database and submit comments, please use the contact details below:
Nicolene Venter at Savannah Environmental
PO Box 148, Sunninghill, 2157
Tel: 011 656 3237
Mobile: 060 978 8396
Fax: 086 684 0547
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click on the “Register Interest” button to obtain the Registration Code to access the project’s documents under the “View Download Page.”
Contact Savannah Environmental
If you would like further details, please do not hesitate to contact any member of
our Environmental team at +27 (0)11 656 3237 / +27 (0)11 656 3256