NOTICE OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT AND PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS
SAN SOLAR PV FACILITY, NORTHERN CAPE PROVINCE
Applicant: San Solar Energy (Pty) Ltd
Activity: 100MW Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Energy Facility and associated infrastructure, including
- PV modules and mounting structures
- Inverters and transformers
- Cabling between the panels, to be laid underground where practical
- Battery Energy Storage System (BESS)
- Site and internal access roads (up to 8m wide)
- Laydown area
- O&M buildings including offices, warehouse, and workshop areas
- Grid connection solution including a 132kV facility substation, 132kV switching station to be connected via a LILO connection to the Fox-Umtu 132kV overhead power line located ~1.5km south of the site.
Project Location: Remaining extent of the Farm Wincanton 472, approximately 16km north west of the town of Kathu in the Northern Cape Province within the Gamagara Local Municipality
Environmental Impact Assessment (S&EIA) Process: In terms of Sections 24 and 24D of the National Environmental Management Act (No 107 of 1998), as read with Government Notice R324 to R327, as amended, a S&EIA process is required for the facility. Savannah Environmental is undertaking the required S&EIA and public participation process for the project.
The Final Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Report has been submitted to DFFE for decision-making.
To obtain further information on the project, register on the project database or to receive the virtual link for the meeting, please submit your name, contact information and interest in the project, in writing, to Savannah Environmental:
Nondumiso Bulunga at Savannah Environmental
P.O. Box 148, Sunninghill, 2157
Tel: 011 656 3237
Mobile: 060 978 8396 (including Please Call Me)
Fax: 086 684 0547
Documents for public review are available for download.
Please click on the “Register Interest” button to obtain the Registration Code to access the project’s documents under the “View Download Page.”
Contact Savannah Environmental
If you would like further details, please do not hesitate to contact any member of
our Environmental team at +27 (0)11 656 3237 / +27 (0)11 656 3256